Recommended Book List
This listing is a work in progress, please check back for frequent updates.
- Depression: A Stubborn Darkness, Edward T. Welch
- Will Medicine Stop the Pain?: Finding God’s Healing for Depression, Anxiety, and Other Troubling Emotions by Dr. Laura Hendrickson and Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Out of the Blues: Dealing with the Blues of Depression & Loneliness by Wayne Mack
- Deceptive Diagnosis: When Sin is Called Sickness by David Tyler & Kurt Grady
- The Biblical View of Self-Esteem, Self Love, & Self Image by Jay E. Adams
- Psychologized Man: A Biblical Perspective by Martha Peace
- Building Teamwork in Your Marriage
Understand your differences are gifts from God. Learn to enjoy each other more and make your marriage more fun, healthy, and fascinating.
- Building Your Marriage to Last
A great place to start for those who are new to HomeBuilders or want to go deeper into the principles taught at FamilyLife‘s Weekend to Remember marriage conference.
- Building Up Your Spouse
Part of God’s plan for marriage is for you to help your mate become all that God intended. While that may sound like a big job, all it takes is letting your mate know that you accept them and are committed to meeting their needs.
- Growing Together in Christ
You will learn how Jesus provides the strongest possible foundation for you marriage. And, as you grow together in Christ, you’ll find true fulfillment in your marriage–and in God’s purpose for your lives.
- Improving Communication in Your Marriage
You will recognize and understand the barriers to good communication; learn ways to make your relationship a priority; discover practical steps for resolving conflict; and increase spiritual intimacy as you seek God together.
- Mastering Money in Your Marriage
It’s no secret that money can cause conflict in marriage. Now you can learn how to work on money issues and strengthen your marriage at the same time!
- Managing Pressure in Your Marriage
In today’s fast-paced society, people are so busy. If you aren’t careful, stress and time pressure can put a strain on your marriage. This study is packed with “right-where-you-live” insights and practical help to diffuse stress.
- Keeping Your Covenant
Everything you need to lead this small-group study is included in this booklet. You’ll find the four sessions to be thought-provoking and refreshing, and they will even fit into the schedule of today’s busiest couples.
- Preparing for Marriage, Edited by Dennis Rainey